Imperial stable in Grundlsee
- All weather
- Suitable for groups
The Forsthaus (Mosern 19) was built before 1568 at the "vorderen Clausen" of the Fischmeisterhaus. Wind and weather have given the old wooden building on the banks of the lake its weathered patina.
Wind and weather have given the old wooden building on the banks of the lake a weathered patina. For many centuries the barn belonged to the fish masters house owned by the Imperial Forstärars.
"Der Vischmeister am Crunglsee hat zwo khuefuehr" an entry in the 1787 land register which means that the Fischmeister (fish master) was allowed to keep two cows. Subsequently the Sonnenseitenförster (sunny side forester) and Schattseitenförster (shady side forester) were allowed to keep one cow each in the imperial barn. The upper floor was a hay loft.
1928 The property was incorporated into the Austrian Federal Treasury.
1941 it became the property of the German Reich (Empire Forestry Administration).
1947 ownership was transferred to the Republic of Austria, and in
1952 it was part of the "Österreichischen Bundesforsten" (Austrian Federal Forests). The "Kaiserliche Stall" was no longer used as a barn, but served as a store room and payment office for the "Holzknechte" (woodcutters).
1987 the Grundlsee municipality bought the Kaiserlichen Stall from the Bundesforsten.
1992 the "Kulturelle Arbeitsgemeinschaft Grundlsee" (Grundlsee Cultural Association) leased the barn. Every summer since then they have organised various exhibitions.
Initially, only one room could be used.
In 1995 two additional rooms were adapted as part of the "Das Wiener Burgtheater am Grundlsee" exhibition.
In the brick built floor at street level - the actual original barn - there are two other rooms. One is used as a work room for the cultural association, the second as a stockroom or additional exhibition space.